March 3, 2015

Bicycling: New Defy Advanced Sets the Standard



The latest issue of Bicycling Magazine includes a feature review of the 2015 Giant Defy Advanced road bike, which the magazine’s editors claim “sets the standard for the balance of thrill and comfort that this type of bike can achieve.”

In his review, Bicycling editor Ron Koch wrote that he has long been impressed by the ride quality of the Defy range, and that the latest redesign of the Defy Advanced boosts the bike’s performance even more.

“I vividly remember when I first rode a Defy,” Koch wrote. “It was on back roads in Pennsylvania, while testing bikes for Bicycling’s 2009 Editors’ Choice awards. I still recall looking down at the blurred, gray gravel passing beneath me and feeling awe at how fast I was going, how in control I felt, and how much the bike smoothed the road. As astonishing as that Defy was, the 2015 redesign manages to go further.

” To read the full in-depth review of the 2015 Defy Advanced model, pick up the April issue of Bicycling, on newsstands now.